Thursday, October 9, 2008

Guy Time....

It's GUY time around here. Darn mare and filly always hogging the bandwidth, sheesh!

Today my human came to work on my skills balancing her up on my back, something she calls riding and I call darned hard w.o.r.k. which is definitely a four letter word *snorts with disgust*

Being the great gelding I am, I prefer to avoid w.o.r.k. whenever possible but silly human decided that it might be one of the last days we get to practice this 'riding' stuff outside in the outdoor arena due to the rains kicking in for the rest of the year, so outside we went to practice today.

Well I like new things. It makes W.O.R.K. less boring and I get to snort and blow and perk my ears up at things like leaves blowing around in the wind and deer running across the field. It was particularly brisk outside with just a touch of rain falling and wind blowing and temperatures about 42 degrees so I decided it was a good time to work on my human's balancing skills and do a few extra snorts and jumps sideways...

I must be getting pretty good at keeping her balanced up there because she managed to stay with me through all of my playing and antics and even laughed at me and told me I was a 'doof'...

Now what the heck is a 'doof' anyway? Last time I looked in a mirror, I saw a VERY handsome Arabian Horse looking back at me and my human told me it WAS me, so I don't know what a 'doof' is but I'm pretty sure she's wrong about that one.

I must have done this 'riding' thing pretty well today because when we were all done she gave me a really tasty molasses and oatmeal cookie treat and scratched me in all my favorite spots. If we can keep having this kind of fun when we do this riding thing, I might grow to like it and perhaps not all kinds of w.o.r.k. are bad after all?

Peace Out Dudes!

No comments: