Thursday, October 9, 2008

Elle's Fan Mail....

I see my cyberfans, errrr, friends, are already starting to send me mail!

Yesterday I was asked the following question:

Ponigirl said...
Thank you, Elle, for the advice. I've been wondering what the appropriate tip is for such maid service. Is an extra "road apple" in the barn's walkway enough? Or should I leave a generous offering of slobber on the maid's shirt, too?
October 8, 2008 10:48 PM


Hi Ponigirl! Your question is a very good one as tipping for maid service is kind of a fine line. Leave too little and the maid won't come back in a timely fashion the next day. Leave too much and the maids appear to go out and party on it and not come back in a timely fashion the next day either, so here's my standard 'tip' scale.

If it's summer time and I'm not spending as much time in my stall, slobbering the maid's shirt after you take a big drink of water is the PERFECT amount. Not too much, not too little.

Now winter months where we spend more time indoors and tend to muck things up more, require a better tip, so normally I find that a well placed pile of road apples left immediately after stall cleaning and bed fluffing is done, seems to do the trick.

Thanks for the note and keep those letters coming!

No comments: