Saturday, November 1, 2008

Humans are from Venus, Geldings are from Mars

I kind of think Human may be mad at me. Yesterday she came down to practice me balancing her on my back (she calls it riding, I call it work, which is, a four letter word, sigh).

Things were going OK on Friday although I was noticing a lot of Ghosts in various corners of the arena, I guess they were out in full force for Halloween. Human kind of got mad at me about the 5th time I spooked at a Ghost she can't see. She told me "QUIT" in her annoyed voice. Well that hurt my feelings.

How can I be held responsible for not liking Ghosts? It is NOT my fault she's blind to them and it is NOT my fault that she won't listen to me when I try to tell her with my body language getting tense that the ghosts are indeed real and present.

We practiced loping but I was tense and frustrated and upset that she'd dared to yell at me over ghosts, I mean gee, EXCCCCUUUUUSEEEEE ME for finding Ghosts to be a bit unsettling. Like there is NOTHING in the universe that spooks her?

We did not have the most fun on our 'ride' yesterday and today I noticed Human did NOT come to practice 'riding' me, Trainer did instead. Trainer said I was a good boy, so that was nice, but now I'm worried Human is still upset with me.

I actually really like Human when she's not being mean about ghosts, so I hope she's not going to stay away. Trainer said Human will come play with me tomorrow and also practice me balancing her on her back. Maybe I'll try doing things Human's way and not acting afraid of the Ghosts that live in the arena... Just to get Human happy again, they're such emotional creatures these humans of ours.

No comments: